Founder and Director: One Climate Action (Paris, France) 2022-present
Professor: Management & Financing of Social Enterprises & Nonprofits: Sciences Po (Paris, France) 2020-present
Strategic Communications Manager – Renewable Energy Policy: REN21 (Renewable Energy Network for the 21st Century) (Paris, France) 2020-2022
- Coordination of the communications team’s activities (3-6 people), including two major report launches (press + digital communications), and outreach and collaboration with strategic allies. Hiring and procurement (12+ contractors).
- Lead the development and implementation of a communications strategy.
High School English Teacher & Leadership Team Member: Patterson High School (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) 2013-2015
- Data-driven strategic planning of the school’s pedagogical approach and priorities.
- Led and developed professional development training for 260 teachers per year.
- Taught English to immigrants and refugees from Africa, Asia, and Central and South America.
Director of Advocacy & Civic Engagement Programs: Citizens Planning & Housing Association (CPHA) (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) 2010-2013
- Team leadership (12). Designed and implemented a new internship recruitment and supervision system, increasing the number of interns from 4 to 30 per semester.
- Directed advocacy. Monitored and evaluated public policies and their implementation. Wrote policy positions, reform proposals and speeches. Coordinated 2 advocacy coalitions with elected officials, public officials, experts and civil society. 2 successful legal complaints regarding discrimination in public housing policy.
- Developed and implemented the outreach, training and citizen engagement strategy. Increased the number of people trained from 200 to 600 per year.
- Responsible for communications and the team of content creators. Created a new website and blog. Revamped the email newsletter, increasing the number of click-throughs to the website. Doubled the Facebook page likes.
- Developed a large network of partners from academia, foundations, the public sector, civil society and politics who shared their expertise, staff and funds.
Finance Manager: People’s Homesteading Group (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) 2006-2008
- Directed all financial activities: Tracked, analyzed and managed a $600,000 budget and $1.7 million in loans.
- Transformed financial protocols to reduce external audits from 4 weeks to 4 days.
- Human resources: recruiting, management, payroll, time-off management.
- Fundraising. Negotiated grant terms. Raised $15,000. Implemented a plan that increased contributions to the annual campaign by 25% in one year.
- Member of the Leadership Committee of a public policy advocacy group.
Program Coordinator for Outreach: Charles Village Community Benefits District (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) 2005-2006
- Coordination of outreach activities (door-to-door).
- Printed and digital communication. Newsletters, posters, flyers.
French Housing Policy Analyst: Department of Health and Social Services (DDASS de Paris) (Paris, France) 2003
- Research into French housing policy, national policy shifts in funding, and the influx of migrants on the existing services in Paris. “Human Rights insecurity: the poorest people lack access to their basic rights” – research and analysis written in French regarding housing insecurity in Paris. Policy analysis of the impact of public funding cuts on the private emergency housing system for homeless individuals and families in the city of Paris. Further analysis of the impact of a high influx of undocumented immigrants on the existing array of emergency housing services. Click here to view the research report.
Shaping Narratives Around Climate Change Communication: Worldwide Teach-in on Climate and Justice at Sciences Po (Paris, France) 2022
- Panelist discussing the question, “How can we overcome climate anxiety, break down echo chambers and build consensus for urgent climate action?”
- Invited speaker at the webinar to launch the report: Fueling the Tiger Cubs: How Southeast Asia’s Media Is Covering Coal’s Last Frontier.
Sustainable Development Goals & Advocacy at the United Nations: FAWCO Region 1 Conference (London, U.K.) 2019
- Invited conference speaker to discuss FAWCO’s advocacy at the United Nations and local actions to operationalize the Sustainable Development Goals.
Facilitated a panel discussion on traditional methods of agriculture in developing countries: International Forum for Well-Being (Grenoble, France) 2018
- The 3-eay conference focused on developing solutions to societal well-being through transformations within our economic system, agricultural systems, education systems, and every element of contemporary society.
Issues Facing Immigrants in the US School System: Education Department, Towson University (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) 2014
- Presented the leading trends related to academic challenges faced by immigrant students living in underserved and financially vulnerable communities.
Organizational Capacity in Civic Associations: Political Science Department, Goucher College (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) 2012
- Invited speaker to discuss organizational capacity of civic associations and their leaders, and the current trends and challenges in civic engagement in disadvantaged poor urban neighborhoods.
EDUCATION & LANGUAGES
- Please view the right column (on a smartphone, simply scroll down) to see the other elements of my academic background and professional skills.